OPENING DATES 2013
Good Friday 29th March - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens officially opens for the Season Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 11.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Easter Sunday 31st March - Family Easter Egg Hunt. What a fantastic day, the sun shone and although the breeze was a little cool it was wonderful to see all the children and their parents hunting around the gardens for the hidden bunnies. Lots of children enjoyed the opportunity to plant a seed with the head gardener which they were able to take home with them, the idea being that they would enjoy the thrill of nurturing their seed and watching it grow. Keep an eye out on our website for next years dates for the Family Easter Egg Hunt 2014.
Sunday 14th April
- Plant Hunters Fair - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens hosted a specialist plant fair with highly respected nurseries in attendance giving visitors the opportunity to purchase many rare, unusual and heritage plants. Despite the windy conditions the fair was a great success and it was a pleasure to see the wonderful array of plants on display by the various nurseries whom we would very much like to thank for their attendance. The next Plant Hunters Fair will be held at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens on Sunday 13th April 2014. For more information about plant hunters fairs please visit www.planthuntersfairs.co.uk
Sunday 26th May
- Whitchurch Band. Whitchurch Band attended at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens and played a wonderful array of music between 2.00 pm and 4.00pm and what a pleasure it was to listen to them. Please visit www.whitchurchband.co.uk
for more details and information about the band.
14th, 15th & 16th June
- Cholmondeley Pageant of Power. A fantastic family weekend of exhilarating motorsports, historic and modern racing cars and bikes, powerboats and helicopters and helicopter displays and demonstrations, lots of other attractions including extensive shopping pavillion. For more information about this event and future events please visit www.cpop.co.uk
or telephone 01829 772433.
Saturday 15th June
- Firework Concert Spectacular - What an enjoyable evening of music and spectacular fireworks set against the beautiful backdrop of Cholmondeley Castle. For more information regarding the event and about future events please visit www.cholmondeleyfireworks.com
or telephone 01829 772430.
Sunday 23rd June
- Triathlon at Cholmondeley Park. In Aid of Help for Heroes and the Wingate Centre (local charity). The event was open to all from 1st timers, children and elite competitors and what a fanstatic turnout there was in aid of such worthy causes. For information about this and future events please visit www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk
or telephone 01892 870681.
Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th July
- Weatherbys Bank Cholmondeley Castle Horse Trials. For further information please visit www.musketeer.co.uk
Sunday 4th August
- Teddy Bears Picnic. The Teddy Bears Picnic returned to Cholmondeley Castle Gardens for the 3rd year, the weather held fine apart from a brief shower and what a wonderful sight to see all the Families, more particularly the children and not forgetting their Teddy Bears enjoying all the activities. We are most grateful to everyone who came along for such a worthwhile cause, the Donna Louise Children's Hospice and can confirm that the amount raised this year for the Hospice was £4,600 and once again many thanks to everyone who joined in, came along or volunteered on the day. For more information on the event please visit www.teddybears-picnic.co.uk
Friday 16th to 19th August
- Pony Club Championships. For more information and details visit www.musketeer.co.uk
or telephone 01485 210070.
Bank Holiday Monday 26th August - Jazz in the Temple Garden. The Robin Joiner Quartet performs standards from jazz and latin repertoire, including music by Gershwin, Cole Porter, Mancini and Jobim. With its relaxed sound and varied programme the Quartet provides a pleasant backdrop to a summers afternoon. 12.00pm to 4.00pm.
Sunday 1st September
- Classic Car Rally For details and participant entry please visit www.classicshows.org
. Entry to Cholmondeley Castle Gardens at event prices.
Saturday 21st September 2013 - Merefest - The Meres & Mosses Festival - Taking place at Cholmondeley Castle, this FREE festival will host a range of attractions for all the family including: minibeast hunts, live music, guided nature walks, pond dipping, carousels, trampolining, canoeing, craft demontrations and stalls with scrumptious local produce.
On Saturday 21st September, the Meres and Mosses Landscape Partnership Scheme is invited the public to celebrate the heritage and natural wonders of the Meres and Mosses of South Cheshire and North Shropshire and was thoroughly enjoyed by all who attended.
Entrance is FREE and no booking is required, so why not come along? The festival is taking place from 11.00am to 4.00pm beside the beautiful Deer Park Mere at Cholmondeley and entry to the event is via the normal public entrance. Please visit www.themeresandmosses.co.uk
for more details.
Sunday 22nd September Harvest Festival at Cholmondeley Chapel 3.00 pm The Service is open to all commencing at 3.00pm and will be approximity forty minutes in length.
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th October
. Tough Mudder. A 10-12 mile obstacle course designed by special forces to test the competitors all round stamina, mental grit etc. For more information and entry details please visit www.toughmudder.co.uk
. Supporters of "Help For Heroes".
Autumn Tints 13th, 20th & 27th October. With the changing of the season why not take the opportunity to enjoy the array of wonderful Autumn colours presented by the Gardens at this time of the year. With a host of activities to get the little ones excited including exploring the autumn trail with pumpkins carved into familiar faces, the children can make winter bug houses and bird feeders, enter the "name the tree" competition to win a Family Season Membership to the Gardens. Our Castle Nurseries will be hosting an end of Season plant sale with many reductions on stock. On Sunday 27th October the Head Gardener will be offering a guided walk and talk on Autumn Gardening the tour commencing at 1.00pm at the Tea Room. Tea Room and Gift Shop open as usual.