OPENING DATES & EVENTS 2014
* Friends of Cholmondeley ticket not valid for entry to this Event.
Sunday 6th April 2014 - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens officially opens for the Season Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 11.00 am to 5.00 pm (last entry 4.30pm) and also open Fridays throughout August.
Sunday 6th April 2014 - Spring Fest" From 11.00 am to 5.00pm (last entry 4.30pm)
Sunday 13th April
- Plant Hunters Fair - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens will again be hosting a specialist plant fair with highly respected nurseries in attendance giving visitors the opportunity to purchase many rare, unusual and heritage plants. Gates open at 11.00am and entry to the event and the Gardens on this day will be £3.00. For more information about plant hunters fairs please visit www.planthuntersfairs.co.uk
Easter Sunday 20th April - Family Easter Egg Hunt. Want something to keep the children occupied why not visit Cholmondeley Castle Gardens when we will be holding our usual Easter Egg Hunt. Find the bunnies and win and Easter Treat. Other activities and times of hunt to be confirmed.
Thursday 15th May - National Garden Scheme Open For Charity 11.00am to 5.00 pm last entry 4.30 pm.
Sunday 18th May - Professor Humo Punch & Judy. Two half hour performances 1.00pm and 3.00 pm at on the lawn by the Tea Room.
Sunday 25th May
- Whitchurch Band. Please visit www.whitchurchband.co.uk
for more details and information about the band.
Please note due to Event Preparation works for the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power our Gardens will be closed to the public on the 11th and 12th June. We apologise but this is for Health and Safety reasons.
* 13th, 14th & 15th June
- Cholmondeley Pageant of Power. A fantastic family weekend of exhilarating motorsports, historic and modern racing cars and bikes, powerboats and helicopters and helicopter displays and demonstrations, lots of other attractions including extensive shopping pavillion. For more information about this event and future events please visit www.cpop.co.uk
or telephone 01829 772433.
* Friday 13th June
- Status Quo in Concert. Please visit www.cpop.co.uk
for more details and ticket information.
* Saturday 14th June
- Firework Concert Spectacular - For more information regarding the event and about future events please visit www.cholmondeleyfireworks.com
or telephone 01829 772430.
Sunday 29th June
- Triathlon at Cholmondeley Park. In Aid of Help for Heroes and the Wingate Centre (local charity). The event was open to all from 1st timers, children and elite competitors and what a fanstatic turnout there was in aid of such worthy causes. For information about this and future events please visit www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk
or telephone 01892 870681.
* Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th July
- Weatherbys Bank Cholmondeley Castle Horse Trials. For further information please visit www.musketeer.co.uk
* Friday 15th to 18th August
- Pony Club Championships. For more information and details visit www.musketeer.co.uk
or telephone 01485 210070.
Sunday 24th August
- Teddy Bears Picnic. For more information on the event please visit www.teddybears-picnic.co.uk
This years chosen charity is Stick 'n Step. This charity provides specialist conductive education and support services to children with Cerebral Palsy. Visit www.sticknstep.org
Sunday 24th August - Professor Humo Punch & Judy. Two half hour performances 1.00pm and 3.00 pm at on the lawn by the Tea Room.
Bank Holiday Monday 25th August - Jazz in the Temple Garden. The Robin Joiner Quartet performs standards from jazz and latin repertoire, including music by Gershwin, Cole Porter, Mancini and Jobim. With its relaxed sound and varied programme the Quartet provides a pleasant backdrop to a summers afternoon. 12.00pm to 4.00pm.
* Sunday 31st August
- Classic Car Rally For details and participant entry please visit www.classicshows.org
. Entry to Cholmondeley Castle Gardens at event prices.
Please note that due to the Tough Mudder Event our gardens will be closed to the public on Sunday 14th September, spectators for this event should visit www.toughmudder.co.uk for spectator information.
* Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September
. Tough Mudder. A 10-12 mile obstacle course designed by special forces to test the competitors all round stamina, mental grit etc. For more information and entry details please visit www.toughmudder.co.uk
. Supporters of "Help For Heroes".
Gardens closed to the public during this event.
Sunday 28th September Harvest Festival at Cholmondeley Chapel 3.00 pm The Service is open to all commencing at 3.00pm and will be approximity forty minutes in length.
Autumn Tints 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th October. With the changing of the season why not take the opportunity to enjoy the array of wonderful Autumn colours presented by the Gardens at this time of the year. Activities to be confirmed.