OPENING DATES & EVENTS 2014
* Friends of Cholmondeley ticket not valid for entry to this Event.
Sunday 6th April 2014 - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens officially opens for the Season Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 11.00 am to 5.00 pm (last entry 4.30pm) and also open Fridays throughout August.
Sunday 6th April 2014 - Spring Fest" From 11.00 am to 5.00pm (last entry 4.30pm) With lots of fun acitivies for the children including pond dipping, bird box building, bug hotel construction, making dragonflies on sticks, plant a seed competition and with representatives from Cheshire Wildlife Trust on hand children and families alike had a wonderful time getting involved with everything nature! Watch this space about our event in October when we will hold our pumpkin competition.
Sunday 13th April
- Plant Hunters Fair - Cholmondeley Castle Gardens again hosted a specialist plant fair with highly respected nurseries in attendance. Visitors had the opportunity to purchase many rare, unusual and heritage plants. Watch this space for next years Plant Hunters Fair date or visit www.planthuntersfairs.co.uk
Easter Sunday 20th April - Family Easter Egg Hunt. What a fantastic day and how wonderful it was to see the children and some quite a few adults rushing around the gardens trying to find the hidden bunnies. Don't forget to keep a space in your diary for next years Easter Bunny Hunt 2015.
Thursday 15th May - National Garden Scheme Open For Charity 11.00am to 5.00 pm last entry 4.30 pm.
Sunday 29th June
- Triathlon at Cholmondeley Park. In Aid of Help for Heroes and the Wingate Centre (local charity). The event was open to all from 1st timers, children and elite competitors and what a fanstatic turnout there was in aid of such worthy causes. For information about this and future events please visit www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk
or telephone 01892 870681.
* Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th July
- Weatherbys Bank Cholmondeley Castle Horse Trials. For further information please visit www.musketeer.co.uk
* Friday 15th to 18th August
- Pony Club Championships. For more information and details visit www.musketeer.co.uk
or telephone 01485 210070.
Sunday 24th August
- Teddy Bears Picnic. For more information on the event please visit www.teddybears-picnic.co.uk
This years chosen charity is Stick 'n Step. This charity provides specialist conductive education and support services to children with Cerebral Palsy. Visit www.sticknstep.org
Sunday 24th August - Professor Humo Punch & Judy. Two half hour performances 1.00pm and 3.00 pm at on the lawn by the Tea Room.
Bank Holiday Monday 25th August - Jazz in the Temple Garden. The Robin Joiner Quartet performs standards from jazz and latin repertoire, including music by Gershwin, Cole Porter, Mancini and Jobim. With its relaxed sound and varied programme the Quartet provides a pleasant backdrop to a summers afternoon. 12.00pm to 4.00pm.
* Sunday 31st August
- Classic Car Rally For details and participant entry please visit www.classicshows.org
. Entry to Cholmondeley Castle Gardens at event prices.
Please note that due to the Tough Mudder Event our gardens will be closed to the public on Sunday 14th September, spectators for this event should visit www.toughmudder.co.uk for spectator information.
* Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th September
. Tough Mudder. A 10-12 mile obstacle course designed by special forces to test the competitors all round stamina, mental grit etc. For more information and entry details please visit www.toughmudder.co.uk
. Supporters of "Help For Heroes". Gardens closed to the public during this event.
Sunday 28th September Harvest Festival at Cholmondeley Chapel 3.00 pm The Service is open to all commencing at 3.00pm and will be approximity forty minutes in length.
Autumn Tints 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th October. With the changing of the season why not take the opportunity to enjoy the array of wonderful Autumn colours presented by the Gardens at this time of the year. Activities to be confirmed.