The Chapel

St. Nicholas's Chapel is situated in the Park accessed either by car or on foot approximately a 20 minute walk from the Tea Room. 

It is the first building mentioned on the Estate in 1285, when Hugh De Cholmondeley was granted permission by the local Rectors for “a fit chaplain celebrating Divine Service in his Chapel of Cholmondeley”.

The seals on the charter can be seen displayed in the Chapel today, and it is well worth a visit to admire its stained glass altar window, ornate panelling and peaceful atmosphere.

The Chapel

The Chapel